Imagine my surprise when I checked in to my site this morning to find that I had been twice nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by mjennings at This, On Purpose, as well as by Princellar Bland over at Life, Food and Me. Thank you both so very much for the nomination! I shall try to do my best to be so deserving of such an award. 🙂
For the unawares of this endowment, I must follow the rites of acceptance:
To be nominated, a blog must be, well… lovely. In order to “accept” the award one must follow proper etiquette:
* Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
* List the Rules and Display the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
* Share 7 facts/things about yourself.
* Nominate around 10 other bloggers and let them know about the award. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
* Follow the blogger who nominated you.
So… 7 things about myself… and I have to struggle to think of stuff I don’t already have written about in some of my other posts… but here we go…
1. My favorite candy bar is a Take 5. They are kind of hard to find though, so when I get one… so very appreciated!
2. My favorite painting not done by either of my two favorite painters is Branch of White Peonies and Secateurs by Edouard Manet, Paris 1864:
3. It has been almost 7 years since I have been to the Art Institute, Chicago, even though I say at least once a month I’m going to get myself up there.
4. The T-Rex is my favorite dinosaur of all time.
5. I love white roses. I think they’re more romantic than red. It’s so pure. Like a love that’s untainted.
6. One of my dreams is to hold a baby panda someday.
7. My favorite poem of all time is Sonnet 116.
And now, for my nominations of blogs I love to go visit…
What a fun award! I hope you all give these guys a shout-out 🙂